Thursday, February 28, 2013

30 Day Dinosaur Drawing Challenge: Day 1

I'm usually pretty bad at keeping up with these 30 Day Challenges, so let's see how long I can keep this one going. The challenge can be found here.

Day 1: Favorite theropod
I'm not really a theropod kind of guy. Of course, they're awesome, and I'm fascinated by them. But I don't obsess over them the way some do. That's why my favorite theropod is also one of the most bizarre and un-theropod-ish.

My favorite theropod is Therizinosaurus cheloniformis. I think I love this animal so much because we have so much in common: a big, weird creature, with big arms and a huge pot belly. Here's my reconstruction of Therizinosaurus. I'm not sure I like how the color came out, but what's done is done.


No comments:

Post a Comment